November 06, 2017
Trump Tax Reform Bill is Unacceptable
The House GOP rolled out their tax bill and it’s just as awful as we predicted. That’s why we’re asking people like you to make their voice heard on this important issue.
Why are these tax cuts so bad? President Trump & Speaker Ryan’s Tax Plans are bad because they raise costs for low and middle class Americans:
- Provides almost half (47%) of giveaways to richest 1%
- Decreases federal revenue by $2.4 trillion
- Increases the deficit by $7.1 trillion
- Eliminate most itemized deductions impacting lower-income workers and retirees
- Creates conditions leading to Medicare and Medicaid cuts
So, please call your representative at 866-828-4162 and tell them this attempt at tax “reform” is unacceptable.
Here are some things you can say about the bill during your conversation:
- It will open up Medicaid and Medicare to dramatic cuts, which are essential for retirees and working Americans;
- It will make it harder for Americans to maintain retirement security;
- It will add $1.5 trillion to the federal deficit;
- It will only benefit wealthy Americans.
We can’t let the GOP gamble our retirement security to give their wealthy donors a tax break.
Please help us stop them by dialing 866-828-4162 today.